Saturday, November 1, 2014

Coffee Cozy - free pattern

I couldn't find a pattern I liked so I wrote one up myself. I got the idea to make one because every time I make my coffee my 3 year old wants "coffee" too. So I make her some tea with milk. The mug stays warm for a while so she can't pick it up. And then sparked the idea "hey I can crochet I'll just make her a cozy!"

So here's the pattern:

Fits 10.5" mug

Chain: ch
Stitch: st
Half double crochet: hdc
Single crochet: SC
Decrease: dec

Row 1: ch 9
Row 2: SC in each st
Row 3-4: ch 1 repeat row 2
Row 5-7: ch 1, 2 SC in first st & 2 SC in last st
Row 8-50: ch 1, hdc in each st
Row 51: ch1, dec in first 2 st & dec in last 2 st of row
Row 52-53: ch 1 and repeat row 51
Row 54-55: ch 1 SC in each st
Row 56: ch 1 SC first 2 st, ch 3 (skip 3 st) SC in last 2 st (you just made your button hole)
Row 57: ch 1 SC in each st and then finish off

You just made a cozy! Now choose a button of your liking and sew it on. You can add anything you'd like to your cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment