Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Matti McLean

Never getting tired of saying how proud I am of my friend Matti McLean! This is an article on Matti and his book Catalyst Book One of Saga of the Radicals!


That Radical Matti McLean article by Erin Woods

I met Matti in Nebraska in 2005 for the the ITF (International Theatre Festival). One memory of my strongest memories of him is talking about Big Red and how they don't have it in Canada :) lol. Ever since then we chatted through Myspace, and when Myspace sorta died out we found each other again on Facebook! We may not be close, but I do consider him to be an awesome person and a friend. I remember him as being sweet, funny and talented.

 [Picture of me holding Matti's book as soon as I received it in the mail!]

I highly recommend his book Catalyst Book One of Saga of the Radicals! It became one of my INSTANT favorites, and I'm not just saying that because I know him. It just sucks you in to another world. If I didn't have a one year old to chase around I probably would of had finished reading this book a while ago!

 [Picture of the front inside of Matti's book, he mailed me a signed copy! 
He's such a sweetie!]


This book is about a man named Micah who works for a company name Jericho. Micah is a quiet man who is alone and lives in a routine of waking up, going to work, coming home and doing it all over again the next day. But some days in the week he has to work past curfew. Micah walks home during a cold; dark night trying to hurry home before a police officer spots him out past curfew. This government is very strict and controlling. Micah does end up getting spotted by a police officer and ends up getting recused by a mysterious man named Jacob. Jacob never says much to explain anything Micah ever asks him & always leaves Micah with more questions than answers. Jacob is the founder of the Radicals, who the media leads the public to believe they are Terrorists. Jacob gives Micah a special watch and tells him to only put it on if he's sure he wants to belong to the Radicals, but leaves saying it's a life or death situation. So this leaves Micah confused, and not sure who to trust anymore.... If you want to know more then you're just going to have to read Matti's book!


No comments:

Post a Comment