Thursday, October 2, 2014

"Tap the Magic Tree" book craft time



Emma recently got "Tap the Magic Tree" by Christie Matheson from the library and it's a hit with Emma. We've only had it a few days and I've lost count of how many times I've read it. It's one of those action books where the kid does something and the action "makes" something happen on the next page, and with this book your child is "making" the seasons change. Well this morning I decided 'hey this could make a neat craft'. I'm sure there's many ways you could do a craft with this book, but I traced Emma's hand and forearm and as we read the book we added to the picture. 


I highly recommend this book for anyone with small children! It's short, simple and fun! Yes it'll end up being something you read over and over until you're blue in the face, but hey you're encouraging the worlds next generation of bookworms! What's more rewarding?!

No comments:

Post a Comment