Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ramblings

Not a lot has happened. I'm super glad ferrellgas came on the 16th to fill up our propane tank because people are talking about us getting another polar vortex! Ugh! No thank you! Mother Nature go home; you're drunk. 

The first polar vortex we had zero propane in our tank! Our tank went empty Christmas morning, merry Christmas to us lol, and we couldn't afford gas until my husband got paid which was January 10th!  We were doing ok with just space heaters. (We got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas and my husband went out and bought one of those fireplace heaters. He got "husband points" because before we moved we used to have a fire place and I've meantioned I missed having one) 

December 31st I was having a really bad pain day with my lupus & fibromyalgia so I called my grandma to see if Emma could come stay at her house earlier (she was supposed to go there in two days). Emma ended up staying 7 days because it was getting colder in our house. It finally got so cold that the husband & I couldn't stay here with just the heaters so we packed enough clothes for 4 days and went to my grandmas. 

I'm really glad we have heat this time around. Sorry for the rambling :)

Yesterday we took Emz to the doctor because she had a sty infection. Doctor told us to put a warm compress on her eye & wrote us a perscription for antibiotics if it got worse because it was about the be the weekend. Some of Shawn's coworkers told him about an old folk remedy of putting a cold spoon on the eye for the sty infection. I didn't do it because it just didn't sound right to me. At the doctor's office Shawn brought it up and the doctor said you should never do that. It needs heat to bring out the infection, not cold. 


Today we Shawn and I went to the Floyd County library because they were having a book sale and my grandma wanted some books (we ended up staying the night at her house last night). I picked her out 7 books and got myself 6 books :) hardbacks were $1.00, paperbacks were $50 unless marked otherwise, and the scifi and fantasy books were half off today. In total we spent $6.25. The woman checking out the books said while looking at my fantasy books, "how am I supposed to do half of 25cents?" Lol so she ended up doing buy one get one free for me. :) I'm set on unread books until tax time. I still have 3 other unread books from Christmas time! 


That's enough for now :) thanks for reading. 

Xox
Missie

No comments:

Post a Comment